“Lets All That You Do, Be Done In Love” – 1 Corinthians 16:14
My husband and I have been married for ten years! I adore my sweetie & admit that Valentine’s day isn’t always full of romance with cupid flying around shooting us with arrows. I always intend to make Valentine’s Day more than just about the kids, but a lot of times my creativity comes to a blank & I leave it at that. I know I’m not alone on this, and many throw in the towel completely & plan to not even celebrate. Sometimes I too think it’s silly to have a “special” holiday, but it is fun to show someone how much you care, sometimes we just need a little help and creativity thrown in front of us. So, that’s what I put together for you (with some help from my sweetie) a creative list of 10 Sweet & Sexy Valentine’s Day Ideas that you can do to make your man swoon.
- Read the book Spice up Your Marriage a 28 Day Adventure by Hallie Lord. – Great little e-book that will enlighten you, give you some tips on how you can spice things up and there’s even different levels depending on your comfort zone. Read her wonderful post on 15 Ways to Spice Up your Marriage – there’s some fun ideas! These are both sweet & Sexy valentine’s day ideas.
- Send him a Suggestive Text/Email during the day. – If you go email route, make sure it’s okay first (that would be a big no-no at my hubby’s work.) If you aren’t ready for a suggestive text go with a sweet message, praise or thank him. Something to brighten his day. Examples: “You are my rock, I love you so much.” “I like you. I like you a LOT.” “Need your cuddles.” “You,Me,Tonight.9pm”
- Plan a little “Game of Love” for the bedroom. – Get your craft on by putting together this game yourself. When he turns back the sheets – Wowzer! I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to play. Another one that you can make at your comfort level.
- Cards/Notes/Letters made especially for him. -Some men love something heartfelt and meaningful written down. Write him a love letter, or make a “10 Things List” where you put down ten things you — i.e. love, appreciate, good father, etc.
- Pray For Him! -Never underestimate the power of prayer. Putting God first in your marriage can build a relationship like non-other. Pray for him not only on Valentine’s Day but everyday and though it might not come off as the most “romantic” thing, it really is. Work up to praying together & for each other.
- Make him His Favorite Dinner or Sweet Treat. -My Grandma always said a way to a mans heart is food..or was that Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond!?.. either way. Pack his lunch, make a romantic dinner he loves for just the two of you, send a special treat in his lunch (doesn’t always have to be food!) Go out of your way to make something that he would love, he deserves it!
- Buy something “special” for after the kids are in bed! – I’m talking about something you will feel comfortable, beautiful and feminine in. Keep in mind something different then what you usually wear to bed. Raise your hand if your wearing an old shirt and pajamas pants to bed? Spice it up, give him a little surprise and if you really want to put the suspense on.. leave a little peak waiting for him when he gets home from work to change.
- Love Tickets He Gets to Turn in. -Make up tickets he can use whenever he wants. Back Rub, Play Video Games Together, Watch his favorite “guy flick”, Night out for you two (you plan it), Spicy night, etc. I saw these Printables you can use on Pinterest.
- Use Oils! – They smell amazing and can change up the night and make it a bit more romantic and fun. After you get them set up a romantic night just for the two of you to try out.
- Kiss Him! -Really kiss your spouse, make him feel like you love him. “You should be kissed, and often. And by someone who knows how” -Rhett Butler, Gone with the Wind- who better than the women he loves & married!?
“I chose you. And I’ll choose you, over and over and over. Without pause, Without Doubt, In a Heartbeat. I’ll Keep Choosing You.”
I hope you enjoy these 10 Sweet & Sexy Valentine’s Day Ideas. Maybe they’ll help your creativity & bring a different Valentine’s Day this year. When my husband and I were talking about this, we wanted to share that these are great tips for everyday.. remember to take time for your husband or wife & show them you love them. Take the tips not only for February 14th, but everyday of the year.
If you have any tips you’d like to share regarding Valentine’s Day Ideas, drop them in the comments below.