It definitely doesn’t feel like spring here in Illinois, but it is officially spring and over the last couple of weeks (and still working on it) I’m changing my winter wardrobe into spring. Transitioning into a new season, especially from winter to spring doesn’t mean you need a new wardrobe to feel fresh and chic, though it is a great time to update faded or old basics that need to be replaced. if you’re ready to say goodbye to your winter wardrobe, I’ve put together a small list of how you can start changing your winter wardrobe into spring.
Tips on Changing your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring
- Wear Light Colors – pastels are perfect & if you’re not loving pastels then just got with lighter colors in general. You can also mix dark with light. If you love your black/dark jeans (you know I do) go with a light colored top (like seen above.)
- Replace your sweaters, ponchos, and heavy material with t-shirts or short sleeved tops.
- Say bye bye to that heavy winter jacket. Replace it with a jackets, cardigans, blazers, light weighted vests & learn to layer them if you need a warmth.
- Put the heavy boots up and wear open-toed boots, or a low profile bootie in lighter, spring colors. A great time to start wearing your flats and sandals.
- Show off your ankles with ankle jeans/pants or start cuffing your jeans.
My favorite way when it comes to changing your wardrobe from winter to spring is by wearing jackets. I LOVE a great jacket & it’s nice to be able to put away the heavy coats. If you need more warmth then layer up with a cardigan and then you can take off as needed.
Above I’ve taken several of my looks and put together. Cuffed my jeans to bare a little ankle, a cropped jacket, a pastel pink boyfriend tee shirt (half tucked for a chic look) & a pair of light colored ankle boots.
You may have caught this look over on my Instagram account, earlier this week. It was the perfect day for changing your wardrobe from winter to spring because it was warm and the sun was shining.
This boyfriend tee I snagged from JcPenney for $8.00 on sale. My boots I’ve been wearing all winter long, but with the light color, they will be perfect for those days I need more than sandals or flats. My jeans are a dark wash, but pairing them with a light top,gives the look a spring vibe. My jacket is great for spring and fall and pulls it all together.
Most of all, make sure your outfit works for YOU! If you’re going to be on the run with kids (like I typically am) be comfortable and wear pieces that you can do whatever it is you’ll be doing that day. We were all over with errands, moms group, school, a park date and more & I was easily able to breastfeed my little one, run around the park, help with school projects and feel comfortable and put together the entire time.
I’ve teamed up for this post on Changing your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring with the gals of Take Time for Style, during their Moms Do Spring Style event. Check out more on spring style & enter to WIN a $150 Nordstrom gift card to help you grab the pieces you’ve been longing for spring.