We have five kiddo’s and life can get a little crazy over here – it’s the ups and downs of parenthood, and though I wouldn’t change it for anything, sometimes we got to pull out the mobile device to keep the kids entertained. I know you know what I’m talking about, whether you have five kids or not. The waiting room, grocery shopping, sports practice/games, school pick up line, you just want 5 minutes of peace or to be able to chat with a friend… the list goes on! Turning to my mobile device is one of my last resorts to keep my kids entertained, but there is no shame in it, especially if you have educational games on your device that can help keep your kids entertained!
I’ve teamed up with U.S. Cellular to share some Tips to Keep your Kids Entertained that you can add to your mobile device, such as the iPhone 7 plus to help make your life just a little bit easier on those crazy days!
There are so many ways to keep kids entertained really… but with mobile technology being such a huge part of families today, lets focus on how you can use that mobile technology and screen time to make it educational with games that can be added to your mobile device. These are just a few provided from U.S. Cellular, so if you have some great ones… please share in the comments!
- Duolingo is fun and effective for kids or adults learning a second language.
- Hooked on Phonics is great for younger kids just learning how to read.
- Mathmateer, which is available to iPhone and iPad users, will keep grade-schoolers busy with 56 fun math missions.
- Stack the States is perfect for a cross-country trip, teaching kids about U.S. geography, state capitals and flags
Further tips to keep your kids entertained when it comes to mobile technology…
- Limit mobile device time for when you’re going to be at an activity that you need to keep them entertained for a lengthy period of time. By limiting their time it’s not only good for them, but it will keep it “new and fresh” to be able to play.
- Only allow specific games for certain times… for instance… during hockey practice you can play any of these four games, at home any of these two games… this way the games don’t get “old” fast and they are entertained for longer periods of time.
What tips do you have when it comes to keeping your kids entertained. Though I’m a mom of five, I’m always looking for new and creative ways. Thank you for stopping by and checking out tips to keep your kids entertained. If you’re looking for a mobile service provider, visit U.S. Cellular online or in-store for national coverage.